I want to start off by THANKING EVERYONE for coming out Wed night to participate in the Parent Meeting!!! It was great! The food was terrific, so thanks for all your help with that! And a shout out to Pastor Parker for cooking the DELICIOUS turkey!!!
I know there was a lot of information given, so I wanted to reiterate some of the main points here.
1) For those who can, we will be meeting tomorrow Nov 19 at 9am to help welcome and direct church conference guests.
9-9:30am Donuts and getting ready
9:30-10:15am Directing Traffic and Welcoming Guests
10:15- about 12 Meeting, which you're welcome to attend
2) Sunday 11/20 at Faith will be our first fundraiser: Serving Lunch in the Cafe
9-12:30 Helping in the kitchen
We were going to make Spaghetti & Meatballs, but Faith's Preschool had leftovers from their lunch & graciously donated them to us! So we will be heating up Thanksgiving type food and serving that!
PLEASE NOTE: COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS WILL BE PROVIDED
3) Dec 3 at 1pm: meeting at Taco Bell at 6862 Okeechobee Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33411
2:20pm: head to Community of Hope Church at 14055 Okeechobee Boulevard, Loxahatchee, FL 33470 for COMPASSION EXPERIENCE
4) ORNAMENT FUNDRAISER
Nov 30th at the regular meeting: Making the Ornaments
Dec 4, 11, & 18 at BOTH churches, after BOTH services: SELLING the Ornaments for $5 each. We need parents who can assist with this! (I'll send out an online sign-up sheet in the next week or two.)
5) Money Raised will help fund future events and redecorating the Youth House at First UMC.
6) Parental Involvement
We need help providing Supper Snacks (an online sign up sheet went out today). We also will need chaperone's for upcoming events, as well as parents who can assist with fundraisers, and volunteers who can help out at the weekly meetings.
7) I will most likely have one meeting over Christmas Break, probably Jan 4. I will keep you posted on that!
8) Forms of communication: I've been using Mail Chimp to send out emails, and will continue doing that. We also have this website that I will continue to update, and we have a facebook page.
Originally from New Jersey, she moved to Florida in 1993. She is a wife, and mother to three beautiful daughters and grew up going to church every Sunday. She's been at Faith UMC since 1998, and over the years there, spent many hours volunteering within the children’s and youth programs,